Home   Join Us     Directory     Contribute your blog posts

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Little Tin that Could

This post originally appeared on NikkiMo Papercrafts on 01/40/2011

Before: Earl Grey tea tin
After: Super cute recipe box!

 Whenever I see a container, I am always thinking about how I can repurpose it. This little box lived under my friends desk for a while because she had the same idea. Luckily, she let me have it and the rest is history. There is hope for hoarders everywhere! 

Paper by Webster's Pages, Sign Stickers by Close to My Heart
This was a simple project using only paper, a couple stickers, ribbon, and some chipboard for the name tag on the lid. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the box. (And my handy painter's tape trick I showed you in August) I cut out some pies and stars from the patterned paper. A little ribbon and this all American Recipe box came to life. Luckily my husband has been on a cooking kick, so while I have this handy little box, I haven't had to use it. (Which is fine by me!)


Nikki Paxton has been crafting and scrapbooking most of her life. She is a creative consultant and works from home event planning, writing, and making handmade gifts for hire. Nikki's blog, highlights some of her most recent projects. When she is not crafting, (wife-ing, and mom-ing,) Nikki consults for local non-profits. She has a Master's Degree in Public Administration and a BA in English. She lives in Little Rock with her husband Eric and their three sons Seth, Cole, and Eli. Her blog is NikkiMO Papercrafts.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing. I can't bear to throw away a neat container or a cool box. I even love the wooden clementine boxes. I'm always looking for cool things to do with them.

    ReplyDelete