Home   Join Us     Directory     Contribute your blog posts

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Easy, Fancy, Delicious

This post originally appeared on August 12, 2010 on My Heart's Desire's recipe blog Food I Love.


Taglierini Alla Chitarra



Okay, trust me on this one...it is delish. It smells heavenly. It sounds fancy. It looks fancy. But easy enough for a weeknight dinner and delicious enough for company! Don't let the unknown ingredients scare ya...Pancetta is similar to Canadian bacon and you can get Pecorino cheese at Kroger. We ate this last night at our neighbor's house, and let's just say David went back for seconds...I mean thirds...I mean a small fourth:)


Taglierini Alla Chitarra
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, sliced thinly
7 oz. Pancetta, cut into julienne strips (found packaged in deli meat section of Kroger)
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
¼ cup small fresh basil leaves, chopped
ground pepper
3 oz. pecorino cheese (found near fancy cheeses in deli at Kroger)
fresh Parmesan cheese (wedge)...optional
Pasta of your choice (angel hair is nice)

Heat oil in saucepan over moderate heat, add the onion and pancetta and brown for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer, covered, over very low heat for 1 hour. Just before removing sauce from heat, add the basil and a good pinch of pepper. Serve over cooked pasta and sprinkle with **grated Pecorino or fresh parmesan cheese.

**The Microplane Zester is one of my favorite kitchen tools, and it is fun to use! You can find them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond or any gourmet cooking store.

Serve with your favorite baguette bread and a nice red wine for an extra special easy, lovely meal!


"I am a stay-at-home mom to three loves, ages 9, 6, and 2. I have been married for 11 ½ years to my best friend and the sweetest daddy a kid could have! I was born and raised in Mississippi, but proudly call Arkansas home! I began blogging a couple of years ago when I discovered blogging was an easy and fun way to record our family’s life, and it quickly became my creative outlet! Stop by My Heart’s Desire to get a peek into our lives and the “desires of my heart.” "

2 comments: