Home   Join Us     Directory     Contribute your blog posts

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I’m in {love} with Blue Hour!

AWB photography chics unite! Ruthanne from Eclectic Whatnot will be sharing a few of her extraordinary posts this week that focus on photography. Hop over to her site for more photography fun with this creative, crafty, modern day Brady Bunch mom.

Darcy e-mailed me last night to make sure the boogie man didn’t nab me or somethin’ . . . . . *snort*

I didn’t see the boogie man anywhere. Thank goodness. I don’t like that dude. He’s the reason I always run and jump onto my bed and I never let any limbs hang off the side of the bed. You just never know. ;-)
Y’all think I’m kidding, dontcha?

We got there fairly early, so I had plenty of time to scope out a good spot and set up my gear. I said some fairly rude things to my junky tripod. I’ve decided I really, really, really don’t like that thing. It needs to be replaced at my bank account’s earliest convenience. Right after everything was set up, we started to feel rain drops.

No. Please, no.

Yes. Oh, yes.

I picked up my equipment and we went to hide under some trees. Thankfully, it wasn’t a downpour ~ just a steady drizzle. I eventually ventured out from under the trees and braved the rain. I’m so glad I didn’t just pack up and leave.

The only thing I did to these shots was use the spot healing brush where there were raindrops and add a watermark. Other than those two things, they’re straight out of the camera. I don’t think I’ve ever been more proud to show a picture SOOC before.

After one of my shots last night, I yelled for my parents and kids to come look at this {They were taking cover under a tree ‘cuz it was raining. Have I mentioned that? ;-) }. I was so amazed at how the blue was captured in the camera. I just wasn’t seeing it by looking at the sky, but somehow it came through.


Here are the specifics of the shot:
ISO 200
24mm
f/16
13 s


Here are the specifics of the shot:
ISO 200
29mm
f/16
30 s
Things I love about this shot:
The man in the kayak.
The blur of headlights on top of the bridge.
Darcy pointed out to me the difference in the lights. The lights on the right are warm and the lights on the left are cool. Cool beans, man.


Here are the specifics of the shot:
ISO 200
29mm
f/16
30 s
This shot is very similar to the one above except this one has more of the city. I like that about it.
Something I didn’t point out about the previous shot that I like about both of these, is the shadow of the trees on the water.


Here are the specifics of the shot:
ISO 200
50mm
f/16
77 s
This shot was my longest exposure. I’m not sure if that’s why the blue in the image is so much lighter than the other ones or if it’s because I was facing the opposite direction of where the sun went down.

I would love to try this again when it’s not raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment