Home   Join Us     Directory     Contribute your blog posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Making Money with Google Adsense

Pris Weathers from Arkansas Ties share some "valuable" information with us about using Google Adsense to make a little extra cash while blogging. 



I get several emails a week asking about my website, ArkansasTies and advertising, so I thought I would write an article to help other people with information on how to make their family or history website earn money. Over time (ten years) my website has grown and evolved and in the beginning I sold photographs on CD... which was ok but nothing grand or worth writing home about.


About two years ago, I came across the Google Adsense program. At first I was a little leery, no one likes ad pop-ups, and I certainly didn't want that on my website but the more I read the more I was interested. They had many ads to pick from which allowed me to customize them for my website...so I signed up.

The first month was kind of slow but after I learned more of the "in's and out's" things started to move right along. ArkansasTies now generates from $200 to $1,000 a month and while not enough to retire on now does provide a nice little part-time income. The more pages I add, the more money I make...finally starting to pay me back for everything invested.

I have the ads placed on the left and bottom of my pages, clearly marked Google advertising. Every time someone clicks on those ads I am paid whether they buy or not. There is not a set price and some ads are worth more than others (you have no control over the specific ads or the amount) and generally pay .05 to 50 dollars a click. Keep in mind that YOU or ANYONE using your computers cannot click the ad's to generate revenue. If you do this, they will disqualify you & remove you from the program. You must also have a legitimate website to enroll in the program. While they do not have a set number of pages to be enrolled, the more pages you have & the better quality of those pages, the more money you will make.Example: Google payment & earning reports.

My only other advice to those who say their website is not big enough...nope not true...one good post that draws attention can earn you a lot of money. Recently I had posted a photograph of the Cornish house in downtown Little Rock. This particular house was owned by national planned parenthood founder Hilda Cornish. Roll forward to 2010 and guess who moves in? Arkansas' own Duggar family. The humor of the Duggars moving into the the Planned Parenthood Founders home caught nation-wide attention and still continues to make money.

If you have questions, just drop me a line at ArkansasTies@ArkansasTies.com - Pris
 
I am Pris Weathers and Arkansas Ties is my website. It is 10 years old, has thousands of pictures, & lots of Arkansas. It is a full-time, totally devoted hobby of mine and my baby. You will find a little bit of everything on this website…genealogy, photography, history, bicycling, hiking, camping, traveling, etc.


The tall good-looking man is my sweetheart, Mark “Sweetie” Dodson, and we have been dating for 4 years. He is my best friend, my rock, and the love of my life and I am very blessed to have him in my life.

I love history and especially ARKANSAS history!. If you want to link to my website, please feel free, I would be honored. If you have something you want to add to this website or want to chat, drop me a line at arkansasties@gmail.com.

1 comment: